- Published: 20 March 2019 20 March 2019
- Hits: 2115 2115
Procedures and Requirements Eligibility:
Applicants must be the child, step-child, grandchild or step-grandchild of an active member of the SOECC. Applicants must be High School seniors or current college students attending or going to attend a 2 or 4 year college or 4 year university or some secondary work/study program that is comparable.
PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS ARE INELIGIBLE TO APPLY
All applicants must submit the following documents on or before June 1st, 2020.
- A cover letter that contains the following information:
- Your name, address and phone number
- The name of the sponsoring member and his/her relationship to you
- The name of the school you most recently attended, including the last year of attendance
- The name of the college, university or program you expect to attend and that you will enroll in
- A brief explanation of how the scholarship funds are to be used
- The major you will pursue
- A description of any honors or awards you may have received or any area of school life that has had a significant influence on you, or both
- A copy of your most recent grade report
- You must also submit an essay of at least 4 paragraphs discussing an Irish historical, cultural or artistic topic that is of special interest to you or an essay that speaks about your personal Irish heritage that has affected you.
The full application is due on or before June 1st, 2020.
Any applications received after June 1st, 2020 will not be reviewed.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by the Scholarship Chair in June 2020 and announced in the newsletter.
Awards shall take place at our July membership meeting.